list(), tuple() should not place at "Built-in functions" in documentation

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 14 21:51:01 EDT 2011

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> Inside wrote:
>
> > As telling in the subject,because "list" and "tuple" aren't functions,they
> > are types.Is that right?
>
> Yes they are types. But they can still be used as functions. Does it matter?

As a newcomer to the documentation I looked fruitlessly in the table of
contents for a section that would contain the built-in types. “Built-in
functions” was eliminated for the reason the OP states.

I think it matters. (But I haven't proposed a documentation patch for it.)

--
 \       “But Marge, what if we chose the wrong religion? Each week we |
  `\          just make God madder and madder.” —Homer, _The Simpsons_ |