Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:09:07 EDT 2011

On Jul 11, 2:42 am, Adam Tauno Williams <awill... at whitemice.org>
wrote:

> But Open Source land is simply too fragmented.  There are too many
> database bindings [and RAD requires something like an ORM (think
> SQLalchemy)] and far too many GUI toolkits [Qt, Gtk, wx, and the list
> goes on and on].
>
> Nothing can muster the gravity required to bring a quality RAD tool into
> existence.

Why "too many" ? Natural selection is a GoodThing.

Python is known as "the language with more web frameworks than
keywords", and this doesn't prevent some of these frameworks to be 1/
pretty good and 2/ becoming de facto standards.

> I also suspect - seeing some of the articles that float across the
> FLOSS-o-sphere mentioning "RAD" - that many Open Source developers have
> never had the pleasure [yes, it is a pleasure] of using a professional
> RAD tool.

This is slightly arrogant. Did you occur to you that quite a few OSS
developers may have at least as much experience as you do with these
kind of tools and just happen to actually prefer the unix way of doing
things ?