Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Jul 10 20:42:11 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 15:50 -0700, Ivan Kljaic wrote:
> Ok Guys. I know that most of us have been expiriencing the need for a
> nice Gui builder tool for RAD and most of us have been googling for it
> a lot of times. But seriously. Why is the not even one single RAD tool
> for Python. I mean what happened to boa constructor that it stopped
> developing. I simply do not see any reasons why there isn't anything.
> Please help me understand it. Any insights?

I've pondered this myself, for a long time - since I could use RAD to
build very nice applications using Borland's OWL on Windows For
Workgroups.... it is sad.

But Open Source land is simply too fragmented.  There are too many
database bindings [and RAD requires something like an ORM (think
SQLalchemy)] and far too many GUI toolkits [Qt, Gtk, wx, and the list
goes on and on].

Nothing can muster the gravity required to bring a quality RAD tool into
existence.

I also suspect - seeing some of the articles that float across the
FLOSS-o-sphere mentioning "RAD" - that many Open Source developers have
never had the pleasure [yes, it is a pleasure] of using a professional
RAD tool.