Does hashlib support a file mode?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Jul 9 00:44:48 EDT 2011

Phlip wrote:

> On Jul 8, 12:42 am, Steven D'Aprano <steve
> +comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
>>
>> > None is typesafe, because it's strongly typed.
>>
>> Everything in Python is strongly typed. Why single out None?
>
> You do understand these cheap shots are bad for conversations, right?
>
> I didn't single out None.

Phlip, I'm not an idiot, please don't pee on my leg and tell me it's
raining. In the very sentence you quote above, you clearly and obviously
single out None:

"None is typesafe, because it's strongly typed."

Yes, None is strongly typed -- like everything else in Python. I don't
understand what point you are trying to make. Earlier you claimed that
identity testing for None is type-unsafe (or at least *less* type-safe,
whatever that means):

"Note the fix also avoids comparing to None, which, as usual, is also icky
and less typesafe!"

then you say None is type-safe -- if there is a coherent message in your
posts, it is too cryptic for me.

> When did you stop raping your mother?

What makes you think I've stopped?

--