Implicit initialization is EVIL!

Waldek M. wm at localhost.localdomain
Wed Jul 6 12:56:05 EDT 2011

Dnia Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:10:27 -0700 (PDT), rantingrick napisał(a):
>> In the Unix/Linux world, there is a graphical application called xkill which
>> has no menus and no windows, all it has is a mouse cursor! No, it does not
>> run in the background: it is a foreground app.
>
> Wow nice corner case. Can you come up with at least five of them
> though? You and I both know that the vast majority of GUI's require
> visible windows.

- 90% of MS DOS games; should I list them here? ;-)
- M$ Windows taskbar-only applications
- Linux apps using framebuffer but not X

One could argue that the second and the third case are - in one
way or another - using windows. But not the first case, and I don't think
you'd call them GUI-less.

Br.
Waldek