Anyone want to critique this program?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jul 4 20:03:49 EDT 2011

> In this instance, I believe the OP was paragraphing his text.

What is “paragraphing”?

> Is there a convenient way to do that in a triple-quoted string?

Did I answer this earlier in the thread (also at
<URL:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2504411/proper-indentation-for-python-multiline-strings/2504454#2504454>)?

> My personal inclination would be to simply back-tab it. It looks ugly,
> but at least it works, and doesn't require a run-time re-parse.

Readability counts. Why is “doesn't require a run-time re-parse” more
valuable than readability?

--
 \           “Because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the |
  `\    opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be |