Anyone want to critique this program?

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Sun Jul 3 14:06:07 EDT 2011

John Salerno wrote:

> On Jul 2, 10:02 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd do this with a triple-quoted string - it'll simply go across
>> multiple lines: game_information = """***Chutes and Ladders***
>> Up to four (4) players may play.
>> There are 90 spaces on the board.
>> The player to reach space 90 first wins."""
>
> Yeah, I considered that, but I just hate the way it looks when the
> line wraps around to the left margin. I wanted to line it all up
> under the opening quotation mark. The wrapping may not be as much
> of an issue when assigning a variable like this, but I especially
> don't like triple-quoted strings that wrap around inside function
> definitions. That seems to completely throw off the indentation. Do
> people still use triple-quotes in that situation?

    	I do, because I use an editor that intelligently indents wrapped
text to the same indent level as the beginning of the line, instead of
wrapping it all the way back to the margin.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell