web browsing short cut

Chris Rebert crebert at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 2 23:08:11 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Dustin Cheung <dustin299 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> Thanks for showing me to pywin32. I'll look into it and see what i can come
> up with. Also, I haven't tried the Firefox feature. I thought the bookmark
> all feature only saved one browser with multiple tabs.

Correct. I don't know your precise use-case and thought that this
could possibly be sufficient but significantly less complicated.

> I'm sorry but this
> might be a stupid question but was do you mean by COM API?

COM as in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_Object_Model

API as in a programming interface:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

It's my understanding that most Windows GUI automation stuff tends to
involve using COM. Again, I don't know specifics, I've just followed
other Windows-specific posts on the mailinglist.

Cheers,
Chris