module problem on windows 64bit

Thomas Jollans t at jollybox.de
Tue Jul 5 11:05:11 EDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 06:59 PM, miamia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on 32-bit windows everything works ok but on 64-bit win I am getting
> this error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "app.py", line 1040, in do_this_now
>   File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 119, in <module>
>   File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 12, in <module>
>   File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 10, in __load
> ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
> because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
> application may fix this problem.
>
> How to get it work on 64bit windows as well? many thanks

A process can only link to a shared library compiled for the same
architecture as the process. In layman's terms: A 32-bit DLL won't work
with a 64-bit program. It looks like this package is attempting to load
a 32-bit DLL. That's not going to work. Either procure a 64-bit version
of the DLL, or use a 32-bit version of Python.