Would like to add an "upload" facility to my web site

Nitin Pawar nitinpawar432 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 13:06:01 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Google Poster <goposter at jonjay.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 11:36 am, Luis M. González <luis... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > IMPORTANT Bonus question:
> >
> > > Where should I post this type of question about writing stuff for the
> > > web????
> >
> > > -Ramon
> >
> > I guess this question is framework specific.
> > Are you using any framework (django, pylons, etc...)?
>

> Luis,
>
> Allow me to make this more clear. I have my own servers, all of them
> running Linux. I have been Linux sysadmin for more time than I care to
> remember. However, I (on purpose) provided an example hosted at my
> commercial shell provider. That was a deliberate decision, because I
> am looking for the simplest possible solution.
>
> I guess the question now is: Do I need root access to uploads files??
>
> Gracias,
>
> -Ramon
>
> --

You don't need a root access to upload files.
You will just need to create a directory where you want to save the uploaded
files and grant permission to the username by which the web server is
running.
In case the file uploads are small the simple upload feature works fine but
for larger files you may need to write a chunk read/write api

Nitin Pawar