WxPython versus Tkinter.

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Mon Jan 31 12:51:12 EST 2011

On 23 Jan, 01:07, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is time to prove once and for all how dated and worthless Tkinter
> is compared to wxPython. Yes, WxPython is not as advanced as i would
> like it to be for a 21st century GUI library.

So use PyQt instead.

> However compared to
> Tkinter, Wx is light years ahead! Wx is our best hope to move Python
> into the 21st century.

I vaguely someone saying that about Borland VCL and C++. Now people
harly remember there was a RAD product called Borland C++ Builder,
with a sane GUI API compared to Microsoft's MFC.

I for one do not like to handcode GUIs. That is why I use
wxFormBuilder, and the availability of a good GUI builder dictates my
choise of API (currently wxPython due to the previously mentioned
product).

Sturla