WxPython versus Tkinter.

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 23:36:13 EST 2011

rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be honest, i would sacrifice all the functionality of
> wxWidgets if we could get pyGUI into the stdlib. Why? Well because
> pyGUI would be under OUR complete control.

"You" would need to contribute something other than bullshit and
vitriol in order to be able to use the word "our" in the way you do
here.

> *if* the community saw the potential that i see with pyGUI
> and wanted to seriously do some development to bring it into 3.0
> compliance i'll bet Greg *would* be interested

You can't even generate your _own_ code for this idea and yet you
somehow mystically know how other people will respond? Have you _ever_
been even _close_ to being able to do this? You seem genuinely angry
and shocked at times that we haven't embraced you as some kind of
messianic firebrand, which doesn't really say a lot for your ability
to gauge the responses & desires of others.

Maybe Greg's not a complete egotist like yourself, needing the
attention and constant fluffing you seem to demand before you'll even
begin to consider coding. Maybe pyGUI as is scratches his itch,
because rather than spending YEARS trying to offload work onto the
community he just coded up what he needed to actually get something
_done_, something other than masturbating over a library for its own
sake. Maybe he has no interest in 3.x but has no concern with
community submitted patches.

A patch - I should probably explain for your sake, rick - is a diff of
changes to a body of code allowing the project maintainer to integrate
user submitted bug fixes and feature additions. Pretty much most
project maintainers will accept them sans manifesto too.

This isn't about getting  your ego stroked. This isn't about which
language's dick is the longest because it has its own GUI. This is
about people with lives of their own making small contributions born
of necessity culminating in the further growth & evolution of a useful
piece of code.