apscheduler error

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jan 29 18:12:47 EST 2011

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> In article <mailman.654.1294470254.6505.python-list at python.org>,
> =?utf-8?Q?Alice_Bevan=E2=80=93McGregor?=  <alice at gothcandy.com> wrote:
> >A package of mine, TurboMail, suffers from the same threading issue
> >if used improperly; you enqueue e-mail, it starts a thread, then you
> >immediately exit.
>
> Why not write an exit handler that converts your thread to daemon?  (Or
> something like that.)

For that purpose, I'll ask that you try the ‘python-daemon’ library
<URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon>. It's designed
specifically for making the current process into a well-behaved Unix
daemon.

--
 \      “I knew things were changing when my Fraternity Brothers threw |
  `\           a guy out of the house for mocking me because I'm gay.” |