Bugs/issues in tkinter.simpledialog!!

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Fri Jan 28 15:34:31 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 8:52 am, Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rod... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Why don't you file a ticket on the bug tracker instead of wasting
>> yours and other people's time here by making appear another rant
>> against Tkinter as a bug report?
>
> Why don't you instead thank me for helping out instead of jumping to
> irate conclusions? It would *seem* that if YOU cared about the future
> of Python you would be more *accepting* of my help.

It's not that people don't appreciate your help. It's that the mailing
list is not the appropriate place for this type of discussion. Once
it's been verified as a bug, you should create a ticket on the bug
tracker, come back here and post a link, and then move the discussion
over to the tracker. Even if you intend to fix it yourself, you should
create a ticket and then attach the patch to the ticket when you fix
it.