WxPython versus Tkinter.

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Jan 27 16:54:57 EST 2011

On 2011-01-27, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:

>> AS far as I know, Guido has never recommended any particular gui and I
>> believe he has avoided doing so when asked.
>
> Yes but his silence speaks louder than words. He is saying " While i
> won't defend Tkinter publicly, i won't promote any others as well".
> This is a standard response you'd expect from a politician. These
> types of questions avoid dealing with the elephant in the room.

I think there are a lot of people who think that including a GUI in
the standard library was a mistake and the best solution would be to
get rid of Tkinter and replace it with nothing.  If I were Guido and
thought that, I'd probably keep mum about it as well. :)

[I'm not claiming Guidoe does think that, but there are some pretty
good arguments for not including a GUI at all.]

> The community at large needs to know what Guido van Rossum thinks. You
> owe us that much Guido.

He doesn't "owe" you or me anything.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm not available
                                  at               for comment..