Is it possible to pass CSV Reader Object As Argument to another Python File ???

bansi mail2bansi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:10:49 EST 2011

On Jan 26, 4:36 pm, Ben Finney <ben+pyt... at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> bansi <mail2ba... at gmail.com> writes:
> > Thanks Chris. Sorry for mis-communicating, the two python scripts are
> > dependant in a way that namelookupWrapper.py needs to pass csv record
> > object to another python script
>
> Why have you structured them that way, though? What constraint is
> keeping you from doing the work in a single process, where the CSV
> reader object can be shared?
>
> > If thats not possible then please let me know how to do the workaround
> > i didnt understood the import thing and not sure if it helps in my
> > case
>
> The problem as you've described it so far is best solved by having a
> single process accessing the CSV reader object in memory. If that
> doesn't suit your use case, you'll need to explain why not.
>
> --
>  \       “To have the choice between proprietary software packages, is |
>   `\      being able to choose your master. Freedom means not having a |
> _o__)                        master.” —Richard M. Stallman, 2007-05-16 |
> Ben Finney

Thanks Ben for quick response. The constraint is in using third party
tool called Splunk which has in-built Python 2.6 which doesnt support
pyodbc on Windows 64 bit OS. Hence i have to install Python 2.7 for
pyodbc.
That means namelookupwrapper.py acts as a wrapper running  under
Splunk environment taking input from Splunk via stdin and storing it
in csv reader object and then needs to call actual script
namelookup.py under Python 2.7 for making connection to database

Hope i have clarified a bit