WxPython versus Tkinter.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jan 26 18:09:25 EST 2011

On 1/26/2011 11:00 AM, Bryan wrote:
> On Jan 26, 9:47 am, "Octavian Rasnita"<orasn... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I couldn't find the word soapbox in the dictionary

Then get a better dictionary, or use on of the free, online ones.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/soapbox

Definition of SOAPBOX
: an improvised platform used by a self-appointed, spontaneous, or
informal orator; broadly : something that provides an outlet for
delivering opinions

Soap used to be delivered to local general stores in sturdy wooden
boxes, a bit longer than milk cartons. Flipped top down on the grass of
a public area, the bottom was used as a speaking platform.

Being sturdy, kids sometimes put wheels on them to ride in and even
race. Hence, 'soapbox (or soap box) derby'.

>> Please be more clear and not talk like the high school kids.

Please give up the insults. I have stopped reading your repetitive posts
and only saw this one because Bryan quoted it.

--
Terry Jan Reedy