WxPython versus Tkinter.

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Jan 26 16:48:02 EST 2011

On 2011-01-26, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "geremy condra" <debatem1 at gmail.com>
>> At least 40% of my coworkers do not speak English as their native
>> language. Your problem is not the language. Your problem is your
>> attitude.
>
> The atitude considered nice is just duplicity for convincing others,
> and I don't like duplicity.

And, based on your behavior, you apparently don't like convincing
others or advancing the cause of accessibility.  It seems you prefer to
annoy and alienate others.

> I like to know exactly what the people think and I want them know
> what I think.

That can be accomplished in a polite and respectful manner.  You claim
to be advocating for <whatever>, and trying to accomplish <something>,
yet your actions indicate the opposite by their counter-productive
nature.

> I don't want to convince anyone, but I just want to inform the others
> and let them know if they are doing something not recommended.

IOW, you don't really care about increasing accessibility, you just
want to hear the sound of your own voice as you shout into the wind.

If you actually cared about accessibility for the handicapped, you
would care about convincing others to care also -- because that's the
only way the situation can be improved.

> I agree, telling the people that they are doing something wrong,
> directly, without sugar, might be considered a bad atitude by those
> who prefer duplicity and nice words just for the sake of socializing,
> but is that atitude worst than of those who don't care about
> discriminatory practices?

Yes, it is worse.  People who don't care are neither helping nor
hurting your cause.  However, you're actively hurting it.

People will not separate your personality from the cause you espouse.
You may not like it, but that's a fact.  If you are in favor of XYZ,
and act rude and insulting while espousing XYZ, people will react
against not only you but _also_ XYZ.

You can claim that's neither "right" nor "fair" nor "good" nor
whatever.  But it's a fact -- just like gravity.  You may not like it
or find it convenient. But if you insist on ignoring it you're just
going to crash into the ground over and over and over again.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I smell a RANCID
                                  at               CORN DOG!