WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:37:24 EST 2011

On Jan 26, 2:07 pm, Stephen Hansen <me+list/pyt... at ixokai.io> wrote:

> And some people have absolutely no need-- no need at all-- for any sort
> of GUI programming at all. This group is actually really, really big.

Stephen "Strawman" Hansen: If he only had a brain! :-)

That is the most obvious straw-man to date in this thread. What about
the large portion of folks who don't use all the datatypes (queue,
weakref, etc) or how about numeric and math modules (fractions,
decimal, etc) or how about data persistence, or Cryptograhic, or
curses! or, multimedia services, or, or.

You see NOT everyone uses everything in the stdlib and most use much
less than half. However we would be fools to claim "batteries
included" and NOT support GUI!