WxPython versus Tkinter.

Jason Swails jason.swails at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:18:14 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:16 AM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 10:51 pm, Stephen Hansen <me+list/pyt... at ixokai.io> wrote:
>
> > No. I am saying as a matter of legal permissibility, it may be included
> > in the stdlib.
> >
> > But, as a matter of both policy and ethical behavior, it will not
> > without it being donated by the author.
>
> I don't think you have any idea of what you are saying because you
> keep parroting off the same thing in slightly different ways. I'm
> having flashbacks to Forrest Gump...
>
> Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You
> can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh,
> shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried,
> stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp,
> pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and
> potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
>
> So after presenting us with well known knowledge (and repeating it
> many times) i feel compelled to bring us back to the subject matter at
> hand. Do you have any actual argument to present that adds some
> compelling ideas about Tkinters worth, or non worth?

It is worth more than everything you have said on this topic to date.  (At
least one useful application has been written with Tkinter.)

Not a single useful application has been written from a single one of your
(all too many and all too often irrelevant) words so far.  In just this
email you managed to write 2 senseless paragraphs filled with gibberish,
rambling garbage that serves literally no purpose, just to say that the

You have destroyed the initial meaning behind your very first post with
countless misspelled, poorly constructed insults.  Nobody is listening to
what few points you may (but probably don't) have left.

And here's the kicker: if any of your points are even close to valid and the
community does decide to depart from Tkinter (mobile computing is probably
the biggest argument for it), then it will be pioneered by the next sane
person that suggests it and you'll still be the crazy relegated to so many
people's spam box.  (All of whom have contributed more to Python than the
last 3 weeks of your life spent on this web of trash).

While you may claim to understand computers and computing (although I'd
argue you no longer see it as a tool, which it is, but rather as a religion
to be wielded as so many others have in the past), they are programmed and
designed by people.  What is this "people" thing I'm talking about?  It's
ok, you wouldn't understand.  Suffice it to say that nearly all projects of
the magnitude you seem to be projecting requires joint collaboration and
participation of these people things that have long since forgotten your
point and stopped listening to you.

Here's to hoping that affords you some sense of success and accomplishment,
Jason

P.S. I appreciated the other XKCD comic, though that one I had seen. :)

> --

Jason M. Swails
Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida