WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 23:32:00 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 9:54 pm, Stephen Hansen <me+list/pyt... at ixokai.io> wrote:
> On 1/24/11 2:16 PM, rantingrick wrote:

> wxPython is open source, and technically anyone has the legal right to
> include it in whatever they want -- but no module goes into stdlib,
> period, without it being donated by its authors for that purpose.

Ok. So you are saying that wxPython *could* possibly go into the
stdlib and equally wxPython could possibly *not* go into th stdlib?
Ok, go on...

> Period. Python-dev is not so discourteous as to absorb someone elses
> code without their go-ahead (and more then that: they don't generally
> absorb anyone elses code without that person making a _commitment_ to
> supporting it, in the stdlib, for multiple years).
>
> So: no author answers to Guido unless they decide they want to.

Ok? So you are saying that wxPython *could* possibly go into the
stdlib and equally wxPython could possibly *not* go into th stdlib?
Ok, go on...

> Not that I'm suggesting Robin wouldn't go for it if someone with actual
> standing asked: but I'm not suggesting he would, either.

Ok! So you are saying that wxPython *could* possibly go into the
stdlib and equally wxPython could possibly *not* go into th stdlib?
Ok, go on...

>  I have no idea
> if the stdlib development cycle fits the wxPython one, since wxPython
> tracks wxWidgets releases. (Totally notwithstanding the elephant in the
> room that nothing new is going to go into 2.x at all, and wxPython
> doesn't presently support 3.x.)

OK,OK,OK!! So you are saying that wxPython *could* possibly go into
the stdlib and equally wxPython could possibly *not* go into th
stdlib? HOWEVER no matter what it FOR SURE can't go into Python2.x!
Ok, go on...

> Robin actually has an unappealable veto over the whole idea, if he so
> chose to exercise it.

GEESH!! So you are saying that wxPython *could* possibly go into the
stdlib and equally wxPython could possibly *not* go into th stdlib?
Ok, go on...

> Just thought I'd interject some reality into your delusion that there is
> some Python Kingdom and that King Guido can "decide" all manner of
> things and it'll cause them to happen.

Stephen can i sum up your post as..."it could go either way"?

PS: And you guys wonder why i rant so much! :-)