WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:53:57 EST 2011

From: "Bryan" <bryan.oakley at gmail.com>
I wish I could respond to that, but I have no experience with screen
readers.  Are there any free ones, or ones with free trials, that I
could try out? I'm not yet convinced it's any better or worse than
wxPython since you're only a single datapoint, but of course it's
possible. If you know of any free tools I can use to experiment, I'd
appreciate you posting them in this newsgroup.

Accessibility, like internationalization, is something few programmers
spend much time thinking about. I can only imagine the frustration one
must experience if all interactions had to be through a screen reader.

Hi Bryan,

(And thank you for your interest)

The most used screen reader and the one that have the most features is JAWS that can be downloaded from:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/downloads/jaws/jaws-downloads.asp

You can use it for 40 minutes after which you need to restart the computer to be able to use it again.

You can test that simple sample WxPython app and compare it with any Tk-based app.
Please tell us what you find.

Octavian