WxPython versus Tkinter.

Bryan bryan.oakley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:00:16 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 7:27 am, "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "Bryan" <bryan.oak... at gmail.com>
>
> > It would be hard (but not impossible, by any
> > stretch) for me to duplicate your code. Certainly, it would take more
> > lines of code but that's about it. OTOH, it would be very difficult
> > indeed to create atkinterprogram that works on windows but segfaults
> > on linux. That's also quite hard intkinter.
>
> I doubt you could do a program that offers the same features usingTkinter.
> That program will not be accessible for screen readers and this is a big
> problem, a vital problem for those that use a screen reader, because the
> program won't be accessible at all.
>
> Octavian

I wish I could respond to that, but I have no experience with screen
readers.  Are there any free ones, or ones with free trials, that I
could try out? I'm not yet convinced it's any better or worse than
wxPython since you're only a single datapoint, but of course it's
possible. If you know of any free tools I can use to experiment, I'd
appreciate you posting them in this newsgroup.

Accessibility, like internationalization, is something few programmers
spend much time thinking about. I can only imagine the frustration one
must experience if all interactions had to be through a screen reader.