WxPython versus Tkinter.

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Mon Jan 24 12:39:56 EST 2011

 "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> But unfortunately it is not accessible for screen readers and it
> discriminates many potential users.

Octavian, thank you for very clearly making and repeating your point
about screen readers.  It is very obvious that at this point in time Tk
(and hence Tkinter) is not a suitable candidate if screen readers are an
important concern.

In an ideal world, every GUI would be fully accessible.  The reality is
that sometimes, competing requirements will lead to accessibility being
lower in the priority list than other things.  So with different
requirements and priorities, the "best" solution will be different.

I don't object and in fact commend you for advocating for accessibility.
I do feel you are not acknowledging and fully respecting that others may
be in situations where accessibility may not be the primary concern.

Thanks again
Mark