WxPython versus Tkinter.

Bryan bryan.oakley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 08:13:08 EST 2011

On Jan 23, 7:12 pm, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 5:23 pm, Kevin Walzer <k... at codebykevin.com> wrote:
>
> > I found this code in the Demo/tkinter/ttk directory of the Python 2.7.1
> > source distribution. I'm NOT the author (credit should probably go to
> > Guilherme Polo, developer of the Tkinter wrapper for the ttk themed
> > widgets that is now in the stdlib). But, using a tree/listview widget
> > that is part of the Tk/Tkinter core (NOT an extension),  it presents a
> > decent, simple file browser:
>
> > """A directory browser using Ttk Treeview.
>
> The only way i can respond to this is to quite the requirements for my
> challenge...

>  Challenge 1: (Simple Directory Viewer)
> Create a simple Directory Viewer GUI. You CANNOT use a treectrl!
>
> Any questions?

So, what you're saying is, the real challenge you are presenting is
"using the toolkit of your choice, open up a wx.ListCtrl widget".

If you want a fair challenge don't say "you can't use widget X". All
you're trying to prove is that tkinter doesn't have a wx.ListCtrl
widget. I think most people can agree with you on that point.