Multiple python installations mix their sys.prefix

shrikant kesharwani shrikant12 at ymail.com
Mon Jan 24 07:19:08 EST 2011

Hi,
I have a web page through this page when I try to add a new user then users created successfully but when try resetting their password then I am getting errors?

add New user successfully

      public static void AddUser(ADUser adUser)
        {
            // Local variables
            DirectoryEntry oDE = null;
            DirectoryEntry oDENewUser = null;
            DirectoryEntries oDEs = null;

            try
            {
                oDE = GetDirectoryEntry(GetADPath(PROD, adUser.UserType));

                // 1. Create user account
                oDEs = oDE.Children;
                oDENewUser = oDEs.Add("CN=" + adUser.UserName, "user");

                // 2. Set properties
                SetProperty(oDENewUser, "givenName", adUser.FirstName);
                SetProperty(oDENewUser, "sn", adUser.LastName);
                SetProperty(oDENewUser, "mail", adUser.Email);
                SetProperty(oDENewUser, "sAMAccountName", adUser.UserName);
                oDENewUser.CommitChanges();

                /// 4. Enable account
                EnableAccount(oDENewUser);

                // 3. Set password
                //SetPassword(oDENewUser, adUser.Password);
                SetPassword1(oDENewUser.Path, adUser.Password);
                oDENewUser.CommitChanges();

                oDENewUser.Close();
                oDE.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                throw ex;
            }
        }
I have try the following 2 SetPassword methods but getting error.
Method 1.
     internal static void SetPassword1(string path, string userPassword)
        {
            //Local variables
            DirectoryEntry usr = null;

            try
            {
                usr = new DirectoryEntry();
                usr.Path = path;
                usr.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure;
                object ret = usr.Invoke("SetPassword", userPassword);
                usr.CommitChanges();
                usr.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                throw ex;
            }
        }
The exception raised (Error Code 80072035: The server is unwilling to process the request)
Method 2.
internal static void SetPassword(DirectoryEntry de, string userPassword)
        {
            //Local variables
            //DirectoryEntry usr = null;
            string quotePwd;
            byte[] pwdBin;

            try
            {
                quotePwd = String.Format(@"""{0}""", userPassword);
                pwdBin = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(quotePwd);
                de.Properties["unicodePwd"].Value = pwdBin;
                de.CommitChanges();
                //usr.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                throw ex;
            }
        }
The exception raised ("Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.")
Is there an easy way to tell if there is a problem with changing a password?
Please reply me as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
JSONP AJAX and ASP.NET Demystified