[Code Challenge] WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 01:52:18 EST 2011

From: "Kevin Walzer" <kw at codebykevin.com>
>I found this code in the Demo/tkinter/ttk directory of the Python 2.7.1
>source distribution. I'm NOT the author (credit should probably go to
>Guilherme Polo, developer of the Tkinter wrapper for the ttk themed widgets
>that is now in the stdlib). But, using a tree/listview widget that is part
>of the Tk/Tkinter core (NOT an extension),  it presents a decent, simple
>file browser:

Well, I have also tested the program dirbrowser.py, but it is not decent at
all.
I have tested it with JAWS screen reader and it is absolutely inaccessible.

The single "accessible" things in it are the title bar which is "tk".
It can't compare with the same program made using WxPython.
And it can't be made to be more accessible than it is, because it uses Tk.

So Tkinter is really bad.

Octavian