WxPython versus Tkinter.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Jan 23 21:48:08 EST 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:50:24 -0800, rantingrick wrote:

> On Jan 23, 7:40 pm, Corey Richardson <kb1... at aim.com> wrote:
>
>> Why can't we use a TreeCtrl? If we can't use all our widgets, why can
>> you use all yours?
>>
>> ~Corey
>
> Columns Corey, the key word here is "columns". One more
> time...COOOOOOLLLLLUUUMMMNNNSSSS. Is this starting to sink in yet Corey?

When I run the code snippet Martin provided under Linux, the file
selection box shows files in columns. That's part of the reason why I
consider it ugly -- I'm an old Mac guy, and I still dislike file
selection tools that use the Windows 95 style 2-D layout:

a-file      e-file      ...
b-file      f-file      y-file
c-file      g-file      z-file
d-file      h-file

instead of a simple vertical list:

a-file
b-file
c-file
z-file

Call me a dinosaur if you will, but I hate horizontal scrolling.

--
Steven