Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:36:42 EST 2011

On Jan 20, 8:34 pm, Neil Hodgson <nhodg... at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

This is exactly what Aristotle meant when he said...

""" Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society! """

Specifically no one here has the nerve to question/argue Guido when he
offers such weak arguments like the "tag" argument. Can you really
base the worth of any library on such a limited argument. I would bet
that most people who use Tkinter ARE NOT using the canvas anyway. They
are not interested in drawing simple lines and rects and just looking
at them. No. They are intersted in creating GUIs with frames, buttons,
labels, radiobuttons, checkbuttons, listboxes, textboxes, notebooks,
comboboxes, and dialogs just to name a few.

However in light of such a weak argument presented TEN YEARS AGO not
one person dared to even question the BDFL. If i were Guido i would be
disappointed. The very community he has built has degenerated into
mindless goose stepping "yes" men. AND THAT WAS TEN YEARS AGO!

Congratulations "yes men" you are the genesis of this self
destruction. I think i should find a fiddle...