[OT] Python like lanugages [was Re: After C++, what with Python?]

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:33:24 EST 2011

From: "geremy condra" <debatem1 at gmail.com>
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: "Stefan Behnel" <stefan_ml at behnel.de>
>>>
>>> Octavian Rasnita, 19.01.2011 07:10:

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>>

>> Would it be hard to introduce the possibility of adding encryption of the
>> bytecode similar to what the Zend encoder does for PHP or Filter::Crypto for
>> Perl?
>>
>> Octavian
>
> The iron law of cryptography: there is no cryptographic solution to a
> problem in which the attacker and intended recipient are the same
> person.
>
> Schemes like this are at most an annoyance to people willing to
> reverse engineer your code.
>
> Geremy Condra

I don't know how the Python bytecode works... how it is executed.

I thought that Python parses the .py file and generates the bytecode that doesn't contain all the necessary information for re-creating the source code.
(But that I agree, that might mean real compilation which is not the case...)

Octavian