Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:23:06 EST 2011

On Jan 18, 2:37 pm, Adam Skutt <ask... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2:11 pm, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The entropy in GUIs has
> > exploded exponentially and rendered them all useless.
>
> Only if you have no clue what you're talking about whatsoever.  You
> perceive them as useless because you're apparently incapable of
> understanding the simplest GUI precepts, nevermind APIs, which is why
> you've gone from Pure Python GUI to wxWidgets to this OpenGUI bullshit
> you're now espousing.  Desperately clinging to a position doesn't make
> you look intelligent.
>
> Plus, I'm not sure what entropy you're talking about, but I'm not
> seeing it.  MS continues to innovate, Apple continues to innovate,
> some portions of the Linux community do innovative things.  Though
> most people just want to put something together and call it a day, and
> the functionality provided by a lot of toolkits is beyond adequate for
> that.

Adam, i am speaking specifically about how multiplicity is ruining
everything. The multiplicity is "entropy incarnate".  And selfishness
is the heathen prodigy of multiplicity.  What we have today is a zig
saw puzzle of GUI libraries. Not one of them can solve all the GUI
problems we have before us because of selfishness and lack of true
cooperation between the diverse parties. And to add insult to injury
none of the pieces where ever made so that they could mate correctly.
We have been the victims of you own selfishness and vanity begotten
directly from our fostering of multiplicity. Once you understand what
i am talking about, you will see how it applies to almost every system
we humans have ever created. And more disturbingly, how difficult it
will be to undo this backward facing inertia we have set in motion.
Years, decades, centuries have been lost due to nothing more than
selfishness. When will we see the light?