Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 15:29:28 EST 2011

From: "Mark Roseman" <mark at markroseman.com>
> If you guys spent 1/10th as much time articulating the problems you see
> with Tkinter (and being willing to listen when people offer solutions)
> as you do trying to convince everyone else you're right, you'd probably
> have ... well, anyway, no sense in being practical.

The problem: The beginners use the first GUI lib they find in the default Python package and they learn how to create applications which are not accessible for screen readers (at all), while there are better solutions.

Is there any other solution for the problem that Python promotes this bad GUI than removing it from the default package?

Not only Python does this. For the reason that "it is more simple and we don't care about the problems it generates", ActiveState does the same and it does the same with ActivePerl, but it doesn't mean that it is something good.

Octavian