[OT] Python like lanugages [was Re: After C++, what with Python?]

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jan 18 13:26:07 EST 2011

On 1/18/2011 10:30 AM, Tim Harig wrote:

> Whether or not you actually agree with that economic reality is
> irrelevant.  Those who fund commerical projects do; and, any developement
> tool which violates the security of the source is going to find itself
> climbing an uphill battle in trying to gain market penetration with
> commericial software producers.

Of course. When I submit or commit patches, I am doing it mostly for
hobby, educational, and scientific users, and maybe website makers (who
make site I can visit). If commercial users piggyback on top, ok. I do
not know how many developers, if any, are after such market penetration.

Shedskin compiles a slowly growing subset of Python to native code. But
I do not know that it has gotten any commercial support. Maybe Mark
should sell it instead of giving it away for commercial use (if he does
now).

--
Terry Jan Reedy