move to end, in Python 3.2 Really?

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:10:48 EST 2011

On Jan 18, 10:54 am, MRAB <pyt... at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:

> Decisions are made after open discussion (although we're not sure about
> "move to end" :-)). You shouldn't complain about not being consulted if
> you don't take the time to join in...

Well don't get wrong i want to join in --not that i have all the
solutions-- however python-dev is a dangerous place for the
uninitiated. And we can't have thousands and thousands of posts
clogging up the main pool because that would only serve to slow the
process to a grinding hault.

However, we need some way that the average Python programmer can speak
up and be heard when any subject that he/she is passionate about comes
before the "council". These folks probably don't want to participate
in the highly competitive environment of Python dev. However they may
have very good ideas. I think we are doing this community a dis
service by not giving these voices an outlet.

We need either some way to vote outside of Python dev. i think it
would be much easier to just have a site where all proposals can be
viewed by anyone and they can offer input without clogging up Python
dev with noob questions or bad ideas. Then the "council" can review
these suggestions and make a more informed decision. Some might say
"well that is what blogs and c.l.py is for" and i say wrong. I believe
more folks would get involved if they felt that the medium was real.
c.l.py is not that place (although it could be with some changes) and
python.dev is not that place.

I am open to any ideas you may have.