Should there be a 'core' python install? (was Re: Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!)

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Mon Jan 17 17:23:59 EST 2011

On 01/17/11 22:00, rantingrick wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2:09 pm, "Martin P. Hellwig"<martin.hell... at dcuktec.org>
> wrote:
>
>> fortunately it is not my call and I actually
>> quite like Tkinter.
>

> Are you sure about that Martin? :)))
>
>> From: "Martin P. Hellwig"<martin.hell... at dcuktec.org>
>> Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
>> Subject: Re: GUIs - A Modest Proposal
>> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 07:10:35 +0100
> [...snip...]
>> Though I don't like tkinter either, but I don't seem to hate it as
>> much as others do.
>
> hmm?
Yep when I started looking much more at other toolkits, I started to
like Tkinter more and more. Maybe it its simplicity, or that not every
thing starts with a bloody g or that it is actually cross platform
usable without jumping through hoops charted in a map where lat/long
references have been omitted because in the future a map of mars will
not cause confusion, even though it is totally irrelevant now.

Actually my favourite GUI toolkit at the moment is pyjamas.

--
mph