Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Adam Skutt askutt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 08:17:39 EST 2011

On Jan 17, 8:30 am, Albert van der Horst <alb... at spenarnc.xs4all.nl>
wrote:
> We are not talking about running applications, but about writing
> applications.

Someone has to write the applications I run...

> I count 4000+ .py files in my /usr/share alone on Ubuntu.
> Your set is totally unrepresentative for those scripts.

Yeah, go back and count how many of those actually use a GUI and were
not written by Canonical for the purpose of OS configuration (though
it'd be especially odd to find them in /usr/_share_).  Such a response
is entirely and completely disingenuous and borderline insulting.  You
and rick both need eye exams, apparently.

Adam