Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Adam Skutt askutt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 18:16:51 EST 2011

On Jan 16, 11:30 am, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adam your post is so incoherent that i cannot decide if you are FOR or
> AGAINST changing the current Tkinter GUI module into a wxPython GUI
> module. And this widget set that you keep referring to is a bit vague
> also.

If you found my post incoherent then you shouldn't be attempting to
respond, you should ask me to fucking clarify!  Funny how when I ask
you technical questions you refuse to respond, but when you find my
post incoherent you find plenty of time to attempt to twist my words
to support your own mental masturbation.

> If you cannot relize that this is exactly what we have now in Tkinter
> then you need to go and read the source for Tkinter. Oh hell, i'd
> better do it for you. Watch this...

As I already told you, if you think that what's contained only in
TkInter is relevant or interesting, then you're hopelessly lost.  In
fact, you're outright trolling.  Python's standard library don't only
include TkInter so only talking about TkInter is entirely
disingenuous.

> Now what seems to be missing from my proposed widget set that hampers
> you from re-creating every GUI app on your computer?

Go download the applications and run them yourself!  If you can't
figure it out from a visual examination, you lack the competence to
bring forward your proposal.  Being able to identify what widgets are
used to create an application is a fundamental, rudimentary skill.  If
you lack that skill, you're tacitly calling all of your credibility
(not that you haven't already done a fine job of demolishing any
assumed credibility on your part) into question.

> Ok, Ok, i let out image support but in my mind PIL
> should handle all of that.

It fundamentally cannot.  That's not how image rendering in native
widgets works.

> There you have it. The same exact widget set we have now. Sure you
> cannot re-create every GUI app on your stinking computer however if
> you download the 3rd party wxPython extension module not only will you
> be able to re-create every GUI app on your stinking computer it will
> wipe your backside too! (psst: "it" refers to wxPython)

Again, I've already responded to this in detail, in other postings,
posted serious and detailed technical questions, and asked for your
clarifications.  So instead of posting the same tired, idiotic tripe,
why don't you go find those postings, read them, and respond to them?
Your refusal and/or inability to do so harms your position immensely.

> i hope you learned something from this exercise Adam.

I'm not the one who needs to learn anything.

Adam