Fitness data program

GrayShark howe.steven at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 16:13:25 EST 2011

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:48:40 +0000, Katie T wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Antonio Cardenes
> <antonio.cardenes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello folks, I'm trying to improve my Phyton skills with a project: A
>> fitness program that can correlate measurements (weight and size of
>> various body parts), date taken and it has to be able to print a nice
>> graph showing improvements (a la Wii Fit)
>
> Scipy + Matplotlib should give you the tools to do correlation stats and
> graphing.
>
> Katie

Likely you'll want a database, for usernames, dates, weights. Since it's
so simple, using sqlite (which doesn't have a running database engine) is
a wise choice. There's a python module to help interface.

Also you might visit the django website. This sort of project could use a
web frontend, since your likely want users to have access to their plots,
so logins are required;

Remote access (via web) sounds reasonable too. During those early days of
shaping up, well, no one else need see my progress.

Remember the old adage KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

steven