python 3 and Unicode line breaking

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jan 14 14:47:35 EST 2011

Hey,

On 14 Jan 2011 16:07:12 GMT
Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> > I also see no reason to reply to a simple question with such
> > discourtesy, and cannot understand why someone would be so aggressive to
> > a stranger.
>
> If you think my reply was aggressive and discourteous, you've got a lot
> to learn about public forums.

Perhaps you've got to learn about politeness yourself! Just because
some people are jerks on internet forums (or in real life) doesn't mean
everyone should; this is quite a stupid and antisocial excuse actually.

You would never have reacted this way if the same question had been
phrased by a regular poster here (let alone on python-dev). Taking
cheap shots at newcomers is certainly not the best way to welcome
them.

Thank you

Antoine.