Absolute imports?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 10 18:40:27 EST 2011

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> The filesystem path (if any!) is derived from the name that the module
> will be bound to within the code. That'w why the indirection of
> ‘sys.path’ is necessary: it keeps the mapping between module names and
> filesystem paths.

That phrasing gives the wrong impression; ‘sys.path’ doesn't store that
mapping. I meant only that the indirection of ‘sys.path’ is necessary to
allow Python to maintain that mapping at import time.

--
 \     “This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending |
  `\      the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the |