Trying to decide between PHP and Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 4 22:01:23 EST 2011

Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.com.pl> writes:

> Heh. One day, guys, when you have nothing better to do, try writing a
> parser for Lisp-like language (Common Lisp, Scheme, whatever). After
> that, do the same with some other language of your preference (Python,
> Java, whatever). Compare time and code spent...

Perhaps Lisp is a simpler language to parse than Python.

Perhaps a machine with only one instruction
<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_instruction_set_computer> is
simpler to implement than one with a broader instruction set.

So what?

--
 \      “Shepherds … look after their sheep so they can, first, fleece |
  `\   them and second, turn them into meat. That's much more like the |