Troll Alert (do not click)

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Jan 4 16:23:46 EST 2011

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:30:21 -0800, Google Poster wrote:
[snip spam]

Good lord, why the hell are you RE-POSTING spam???

Did you actually think it was HELPFUL to defeat everyone's anti-spam
filters? Most people won't see the original spam, and then you
"helpfully" resend it. Thanks a lot, if not for you we might not have
seen it at all -- and if we did, we almost certainly wouldn't have
clicked on it without the misleading subject line. I thought you were
complaining about Xah Lee, which is always fun to read, not re-posting
Indian porno spam.

If I didn't know better, I'd seriously wonder whether you are, in fact,
the spammer, just pretending to be replying to some other spammer. A
false name (do your friends call you "Google Poster"?), a misleading
subject line (it's not a troll post, it's spam), a trick to defeat
filters and win the off-topic URLs many more links. Hmmm.

Please don't try to "help" in this way again.

--
Steven