CPython on the Web

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 06:17:34 EST 2011

On Jan 3, 4:55 pm, azakai <alonmozi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> But through a combination of optimizations on the side of Emscripten
> (getting all LLVM optimizations to work when compiling to JS) and on
> the side of the browsers (optimizing accesses on typed arrays in JS,
> etc.), then I hope the code will eventually run quite fast, even
> comparably to C.

This is a very cool idea.  It's quite fascinating to view the
Javascript "machine code" for a complete CPython interpreter.

I'm sure with a little work you'll be able to improve its performance,
but I think "comparably to C" is going to be a tall order.

If you can get this to work reasonably well, and manage to get it
successfully deployed it somewhere, I'd recommend petitioning to have
this be considered an official platform.

Carl Banks