CPython on the Web

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 18:19:20 EST 2011

On 01/03/2011 05:55 PM, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> writes:
>

>> On 01/03/2011 03:13 PM, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>>
>>> A fun hack. Have you bothered to compare it to the PyPy javascript
>>> backend - perfomance-wise, that is?
>>>
>>> Diez
>>>

>> I don't think that exists anymore.  Didn't that get removed from PyPy
>> about 2 years ago?
>>
> Ah, didn't know that. I was under the impression pyjamas was done with
> it. Apparently, that's wrong:
>
>  http://pyjs.org/
>
> But then I re-phrase my question: how does this relate to pyjamas/pyjs?
>
> Diez
>

>From what I've seen so far:

Pyjamas is taking your python code and converting it into javascript so
that your python code (converted to javascript) can run in a browser.

CPotW is taking the whole python interpreter and converting the
interpreter into javascript so that the python interpreter runs in the
browser.  Your python code remains as python code.

Regards,
Gerry