CPython on the Web

azakai alonmozilla at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 15:10:44 EST 2011

On Jan 2, 5:55 pm, Gerry Reno <gr... at verizon.net> wrote:
> I tried printing sys.path and here is the output:
>
> ['', '/usr/local/lib/python27.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/',
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2',
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-old',
> '/usr/local/lib/lib-dynload']
>
> Now, those paths must be on your machine because they are not on my
> client machine.  But the interpreter is now running on MY machine.  Well
> in a sandbox really.  So how is that going to work?

Yeah, those are the paths on the machine where the binary was compiled
(so, they are the standard paths on ubuntu).

Anyhow the filesystem can't (and shouldn't) be accessed from inside a
browser page. I think we will implement a minimal virtual filesystem
here, just enough for stuff to work. The actual implementation would
use HTML5 features like local storage etc.

- azakai