Portable Python challenge - round 1

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jan 1 15:22:44 EST 2011

On 1/1/2011 10:14 AM, Perica Zivkovic wrote:
> All,
>
> Portable Python challenge - round 1 has started !
>
> Answer one simple question and you can win 4GB USB fingerprint
> drive.

In exchange for name and email...

The question: "What is the exact date (day month and year) of the first
Portable Python release ?"

> Winner will be announced on the Portable Python project portal by the
> end of this month.

The idea of Python on a thumbstick is good. However, Distributing
quickly superseded Python 3.0, with its known problems, instead of much
improved 3.1 is, in my opinion, a disservice to the community.

And why 2.6.1 instead of 2.6.6 with perhaps a couple of hundred bugfixes?

--
Terry Jan Reedy