After C++, what with Python?

Aman aman.6677 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 00:30:00 EST 2011

Hey all, I am a college student, and at college, we did most of the work in C/C++. I kind of stopped using C when I learned C++ (simply because C++ seemed a natural/elegant choice to me, and had backward compatibility with C). I've had a lot of experience with C++.
Recently, I was on the path to learn a new programming language, and after suggestion of some of my friends and consulting the web, I chose to proceed with Python. I've finished with core Python and now I'm going through the various inbuilt packages that Python provides. I have an inquisitive mind, and while programming, I always want/tend to make something that is out of the box. It would be great if you people could guide me as to what to proceed with and how.