The problem of 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

shengli zhang zvictoryz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:20:14 EST 2011

This is something I've been fighting for a couple of days. Let me try to
describe it as I can.

I use "python2.5 + django1.0 + mod_python + apache2" to develop a website.
the website has run for two years. But the problem happend these days. when
I log in my system, the first browser's sessin will be a error page: 324
(net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) in Chrom, empty page in Firefox, error in IE, and
"exit signal Segmentation fault (11)" in apache error_log. However, when I
close this error page and open a new page to log in the system, everything
is ok. I have tried many ways to test or solve this problem, but I failed.
following is my tries:

1 using "python manage.py runserver" to start project, everything is ok, so
django is not a factor of the problem.
2 update the OS's expat to expat-2.0.0 which is accordant with pyexpat of
python, the problem remains.
3 replace mod_python to mod_wsgi, the problem remains too.
4 modify apache's httpd.conf to remove some modules of apache, including
mod_expires, mod_deflate and libphp5, but I failed again.

Any idea about these? Has anyone experienced something similar? Or how shall
I approach this further?

Thanks a lot!