Python programming

Maurice Shih rockitout117 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 12:26:35 EST 2011

Dear python-list at python.org,
        I am making a program of the quadratic sieve on python 2.5.2. I am also using sympy to find linear dependencies in mod 2. For example matrix A is :
10110
01101
00011
10000
And using sympy I can type in a command to solve ax=0, which is:
10000=0
01002=0
0010-1=0
00011=0
To find the values of vector x is easy by hand if you assign one value as 1, but I was wondering if I could turn the numbers into letters ( variables) so I could run the solve command in sympy. Thank you for listening to by question and I hope that you can help me. Thank you again.