How to use Python well?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Feb 22 09:57:10 EST 2011

On 2011-02-20, Chris Jones <cjns1989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 05:27:24PM EST, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>
> [..]
>
>> Any yet I (and others, based on stuff I've seen) find info to be a
>> disaster. Why?
>>
>>  - it forces the reader to use a non-standard pager to look
>>    at info, typically the utterly weird one that comes with the info
>>    command.
>
> On the rare occcasions I used it, navigation was such an uphill battle
> that I often forgot what I was looking for in the first place.

I've lost track of how many times I've tried to learn to use the Gnu
"info" command and gave up in frustration.  I've never seen a program
with a more difficult to use UI.  Breaking up the manuals into
uselessly small chunks is just the icing on top of the mud cake.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The entire CHINESE
                                  at               WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all